Tuesday, April 12, 2011

WFT Artist Profile: Cyrus Veyssi!

Cyrus S. Veyssi is performing as a Slave of the Ring in this season’s production of Aladdin at WFT. He is from Brookline, Massachusetts and pleased to be in a play that is so close to home. He attends the Noble and Greenough School, where he is in the 10th grade. Here’s a note from Cyrus, himself!

Hi! I'm Cyrus Veyssi. I'm 16 years old and I'm in tenth grade at the Noble and Greenough School in Dedham. Even though i was born in Brookline,my parents are both from Iran and they decided to move to Paris, then Boston after the revolution [in Iran]. I've been singing for most of my life. I started humming tunes since i was like one and i watch home videos of me sometimes to see what i was singing or what noises i was making.


I sang in my old schools choir and am currently singing at my high school and taking voice lessons in Cambridge. I LOVE acting. The first acting job I auditioned for was a show for WGBH called “Giggle.” Even though the show never aired, we filmed the pilot over a weekend and i got to experience my first acting role.


I then began to act in Jamaica Plain with the Footlight Troop for a few years. I played roles such as Odysseus in “Mything Links” and other roles in plays such as the “Tortoise and the Hare.” In my old school's production of “Finnian's Rainbow,” i played the lead role, Woody. After i left my old School, the Park school, and came to Nobles, I played the character “Itys” as an eighth grader in “The Love of the Nightingale,” the high school's production. I then acted in Batboy the musical and recently had various roles in Metamorphosis, adapted by Mary Zimmerman.


I act, sing, and try to maintain a fit lifestyle, playing sports like tennis and squash.


- Cyrus
See Cyrus this weekend at Aladdin! Still need tickets? Click HERE!

Yours in blogging,
Beth Peters

P.S...Wow! What a wonderful time you’ve had in the theatre! And you’ve only just begun!

Want to share YOUR story on the WheeNews Blog? Email us at wftfamily@gmail.com !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wheelock Family Theatre always hopes to engage in a lively dialogue. All voices make up our varied and colorful family and free speech is a cherished right. While critical analysis is welcome, and indeed, anticipated; discriminatory or hateful language will not be tolerated.