Sunday, April 25, 2010

An old friend responds to The Little Mermaid

Hi Jane and Sue!

I don't know if you remember me, Darcy Long, but I worked in the box office from 1989-1993. I still have such dear and fond memories of the both of you as well as everyone else in the theatre. Working at WFT was one of the best parts of being at Wheelock!

On Friday, I brought my children (plus parents and husband!) to the matinee of The Little Mermaid. I just wanted to tell you how much we all LOVED it. My kids were mesmerized by the costumes, the set, the sea creatures, the mermaids, well, just about everything, and especially your character, Jane! It truly was the best performance they have ever seen! I loved how you have stayed true to your philosophy of diversity and offering theatre to everyone.

It made me so proud to have been a part of WFT at one point in my life! You both are amazing and should be so very proud. I wished I could have seen you both. I still think of you and hope you are well! I hope life has been very good to you over these past years.

I hope to come back to WFT soon!
With love,
Darcy Long (now Darcy Scholz) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wheelock Family Theatre always hopes to engage in a lively dialogue. All voices make up our varied and colorful family and free speech is a cherished right. While critical analysis is welcome, and indeed, anticipated; discriminatory or hateful language will not be tolerated.