Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Letters to WFT

Mr. Baldwin,

I want to let you know what a fantastic experience my family had at The Little Mermaid last Friday, April 23 at the 1pm show. We bought our tickets through a silent auction benefitting the Pakachoag Music School of Greater Worcester. We were driving in from Auburn during school vacation week, and I did not know what to expect for traffic, parking, etc. Further, having attended numerous theatrical productions with my kids (I have 6 year old triplets) including at the Foothills Theater, Hanover Theater and the Wang Center, my kids have sat through everything from really bad Cinderella to really great Annie.

I had prepped my children that the WFT show was not the Disney Little Mermaid (you know how kids today are!), and they understood, but you never know. They absolutely loved the show. LOVED it. Absolutely everything about the experience from getting downtown to the easy parking and a short walk to WFT, to the refreshment setup, the comfort of the theater itself and the staging of the play far exceeded my expectations. Not least importantly, it was all exceedingly affordable. This is important for a family of 6!

I am looking forward to returning next season, especially for the Urban Nutcracker and the Secret Garden. I am so happy that I was introduced to WFT, and I now know that the drive from Auburn is a small price to pay for the experience.

Best Regards,
Jeff LaBonte

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wheelock Family Theatre always hopes to engage in a lively dialogue. All voices make up our varied and colorful family and free speech is a cherished right. While critical analysis is welcome, and indeed, anticipated; discriminatory or hateful language will not be tolerated.