Monday, November 5, 2012

VOTE

There's a lot at stake tomorrow. I hope you know this. I trust that our readership is of the educated, aware sort and that no matter whom you hope will win, that you will actually find your way to a polling place to pull the lever (or push the button or check the box or connect the line--whatever the case may be.)

Personally, I love voting. I look forward to it. Even the smallest elections thrill me. I love it even more now that I have a kid. I have such fond memories of being a kid and voting with my mom--knowing from an early age that it was just something you do. You have an opinion; you let it be known.

Party affiliations aside, we all want the same thing. We all want the best possible world for ourselves and our families. And it is our right and duty to take the steps to make that happen. Please vote tomorrow. Bring your ID if you need to. Bring your kids to show them how important it is. Remind your friends. Give someone a ride. Brag about voting on social media once you've done it. In fact, even though just exercising your rights is reward enough, WFT would like to offer you something more. After you vote tomorrow, come back here and comment to let us know you did. Wednesday morning, I will choose one commenter at random to receive a complimentary four-pack of tickets to Anne of Green Gables at WFT for an upcoming performance of your choice. 

Rev your engines, voters! I can't wait to hear how it went for you!

4 comments:

  1. Voted! Thanks, Wheelock Theater! We would love to see Anne of Green Gables, one of my favorite childhood books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I voted ~ I'd love to take my daughter to Anne of Green Gables!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I voted for the first time using a paper ballot! Interesting

    ReplyDelete

Wheelock Family Theatre always hopes to engage in a lively dialogue. All voices make up our varied and colorful family and free speech is a cherished right. While critical analysis is welcome, and indeed, anticipated; discriminatory or hateful language will not be tolerated.