Wednesday, May 4, 2011

April Intensives, oh my!

Adults and Actors pictured: Lisa Rowe-Beddoe*, Christie Betit, Beth Peters; Sebastian Kim, Larry Coen* Dan Dowling, Jr.*

Long time, no post, faithful readers. My apologies. I was very busy last week teaching the 6-8 year olds at our youngest Drama Intensive this April! We had thirty little ones, 3 teachers, 2 assistants, lots of hats, and a crazy time.

We focused our intensive with the 6-8 year old age group on the following:

  • Movement using the Laban Technique
  • Costuming to show character, especially COLOR and TEXTURE
  • Tableau or the use of frozen images onstage to tell a story.

This summer we have a million classes offered (well, not a million, but many choices!!!) and frankly, I can’t decide what class I want to teach the most!

Did your child recently take a class or intensive at WFT? Send me your pics and your thoughts! wftfamily@gmail.com !

Yours in blogging, and I’ll be more consistent, I promise!

Beth Peters

*Members of Actors’ Equity, the union of professional actors and stage managers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wheelock Family Theatre always hopes to engage in a lively dialogue. All voices make up our varied and colorful family and free speech is a cherished right. While critical analysis is welcome, and indeed, anticipated; discriminatory or hateful language will not be tolerated.